Days of Our Lives.....

Thursday, January 10, 2008

More Blood Work

Today was very long. I went to get my lab work done and my white count was .05, hemoglobin was 8.5 and platelets were 4...needless to say I spent the whole day at Forsyth Medical Center outpatient center or the day center getting blood and platelets! That was tiring but had to be done. Now my counts just need to come on back up. Dr. Thomas is setting an appt up with a specialist at Baptist to discuss a bone marrow transplant....(notice I said DISCUSS). This is just to see what the doctor has to say. I am open to hearing what he has to say but am not the least bit interested in getting a bone marrow transplant. I think I discussed this in an earlier blog that either way I go there is a 50/50 chance of all this mess coming back!!!! I will take this chemo over a bone marrow transplant.

Keith came and got me from the hospital and we got home after 5pm. We heated up left overs and now I am ready to call it a night. By the way, I have to say that I am so very glad I know how to crochet because it sure saved me today. I really got far on the throw I am working on....I am glad I got more yarn this morning at AC Moore because what I had didn't last me all day.

Well, I have to get off of here and help Jennifer with her math homework....it is really hard for me. I hope she can do this on her own after this year..this stuff is getting over my head. Hugs and Kisses....Sharan

2 Comments:

Blogger David Spach said...

Sorry to hear about your numbers, but it will all work out. I hope that you have a better day today. If Jennifer needs help with math, don't send her my way... I'd love to be able to help, but math (well most subjects) wasn't my strong point. Well, I love ya sis and we (Pam, Phoebe, and I)pray for you everyday.

January 11, 2008 at 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sharan...I bet you are feeling bad with your numbers so low...well, just lay low and rest...Hang in there! I and many others at church are praying for you and love you!!! Lacy

January 11, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home