Days of Our Lives.....

Monday, January 14, 2008

A Not So Nice Day!!!!

This day started out like most days....kids running around getting ready for school. I had decided that after my blood work that I would head on in to the office. Soooooo.....I go to get my car keys and they are not in my purse. I commence to tearing the house apart looking for them and then I remembered that Keith and I had gone to Lowes Foods last night and I just knew that I left them there...I tried to call the store but no answer. Keith sent an email to the store manager and he said he would look for the keys and call me if he saw them. Needless to say, he never called back and I am about to loose my head. I then call Keith and make sure there isn't anything "special" I need to do to the gas pedal to drive his truck to Lowes Foods and get my keys..he said it should be fine so I get the truck keys and warm the truck up...head to Lowes and walk in...they open the Lost and Found drawer and low and behold...there they were just laying right on the top!!!! I was so happy to see them but it was like going through an act of congress to get them to give them to me. I had to show my ID that looks nothing like me now (no hair and much heavier). They must have felt sorry for me and gave them to me anyway.

I go home and then warm my car up and head to the doctor's office for my lab work...all dressed up and make-up on! The nurse stuck me and got it right the first try (I have very small veins that like to roll around)! She told me to wait on my results since the last time was very low. So after waiting for a while...the RN comes out and says that my white count was .2 and platelets were 8.5. Last Thursday my white counts was .5 and the platelets were the same and I spent the whole day in the hospital getting blood and platelets!!! Now the RN goes and talks to my doctor and he wants me to go tomorrow (Tuesday) to get more blood and platelets. I cried for a while because I was all dressed up and ready to go to the office to get some hours.....I have got it together now and will just have to get blood and platelets tomorrow....another day shot!!!! Then I have to go again to the Cancer Center this Thursday to get my blood work done and to see the doctor again. What really gets me is that I feel so good. The RN couldn't believe that I have been driving and asked me if I had someone to drive me home this morning...I told her I have been feeling really good...just run out of breath easily. I guess I feel that if my counts are that low and I have no immune system....I should feel yucky!! But I feel great except for all the stuff that happened this morning. I am sure that there is a really really good reason I couldn't go in to the office today...just not sure what that is yet.

Well, I will get for now. After all this craziness this morning...I think I will take a short nap...In His Grip...holding on for dear life....Sharan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home