Days of Our Lives.....

Friday, January 11, 2008

Feeling Fine

This morning was hard getting up...I am not a morning person and wasn't one when I was not sick!! Once I get up and eat breakfast, I feel like a human again and start moving around. I feel pretty good after getting blood and platelets. The nurse (Sandy) called this morning to check on me. She wanted to make sure I didn't have a fever or chills and make sure I was okay. I am blessed not to have a reaction to the blood and platelets. My counts have gone back up and hopefully are on their way up to stay until the next round of chemo. I saw the doctor yesterday and we discussed going back for the 2nd round on January 28. He was okay with that and as long as my counts are in the right place, it should go as scheduled.

My sense of humor got the best of me and I called my friend, Jane...she does my hair (when I have hair). She answered the phone and I asked her if she could do something with my hair and she asked me which one!!!! Isn't that hilarious??!! I laughed so hard. I think you have to laugh at stuff like this because it helps you get through all this junk. It helps get you through life in general if you can laugh at yourself and some of the situations you get into. I am forever asking the kids if "my hair" looks okay before we go somewhere....they just look at me like I have lost my mind. I probably have lost a little of my mind but I am sure it will come back when this is all over with.

I sure am glad that I am in this place. I still get a little impatient...and that is so like me. I have to slow down and remember that God has brought me this far...why would he stop carrying me now? I guess that is the human part of us that does this. I have made it just fine from October 23, 2007 until now, January 11, 2008. I know I have a long road ahead of me but He will take care of me and provide for my needs.

Gotta run....doing laundry....yippeeee!!
Sharan

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Oh, that Jane! She is just too much!!! I'm glad you can laugh about all of this!

January 11, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home