Days of Our Lives.....

Sunday, March 30, 2008

What a Nice Surprise!!

Today has been another day of feeling bad. I am still having nausea, chills and cold sweats. I was up until 4am...couldn't sleep for nothing even after taking my medicine. I must have finally passed out and woke up around 9:30am...still feeling out of it. I usually feel fine after a day of rest when I get out of the hospital...I think I will be calling the doctor in the morning if I still feel this way. Something just isn't right! So...Keith and I have done nothing but lay around and watch movie after movie...that is something I never do...I am just not a TV person.

Well, to break up the day...the doorbell rang and it was my friend that I worked with at Nationwide (Brent Johnson's Agency)! I went to the door and she had a pretty gift basket full of all sorts of goodies! As bad as I felt...that sure brightened my day! There was chocolate, lip gloss, candy, a CVS gift card and a Starbucks gift card...and all sorts of other goodies! Thanks guys!! That was too sweet (literally) ha ha ha! Everyone has been so wonderful through all this. There has always been someone to let me know that they are praying for me and my family, a card with encouraging words, a phone call to say "Hey..just want to let you know that I am thinking about you", an email to say something that I needed to hear at that moment! I have been very blessed through this illness! Sometimes I forget about this stuff when I am really feeling bad...but it isn't very long until someone is there to remind me that I am not going through this alone.

All this to say...thanks so much to you all that are reading this blog or know me...thanks so much for all the prayers and words of encouragement...I couldn't have gone through all this without you all being there for me!

I have to say a special thank you to Robin Johnson who has really been there to answer questions that I have had about this illness...she has really been quick to answer even the smallest of questions...this has been scary but having someone who has been there and knows first hand what goes on with your body when you are going through this cruel illness...since her daughter Jackie went through this same illness a couple of years ago....I think that things happen for a reason, we may never know why things happen in out lives but God sure put you in my life at just the right time!! Thanks for your willingness to open up to me and answer my questions about counts, fevers, germs and hair loss...oh and wigs too!! You have been such a big help in making me not so unsure...it helps to know what you are getting into before they start to happen. If I am rambling on and on...I will blame it on the meds...ha ha ha!! Thanks!!

I have one more round of chemo to go through and one more time to be sick with a fever....after that...who knows what will happen...I see big and wonderful things happening and I am just open to whatever! Anytime you say..."Here I am Lord...use me" you better look out because He will surely take you out of your comfort zone and use you for His good...I am up for that!!

Everyone take care...I will post more later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat Spach said...

Dad and I are so hoping that tomorrow will arrive and you'll be feeling much better. But I think you should defnitely call your doctor and see if the medications could be causing some of the yuckiness.
Dad and I are praying not just daily, but several times each day. We love you so much and are looking forward (with you) to better days healthwise.
Love
Mom and Dad

March 30, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home