Days of Our Lives.....

Monday, May 12, 2008

"No Talking"

I do believe that in an earlier post, I requested that someone shoot me. I guess that isn't going to happen, huh?! I am hoping this prescription I got over the weekend will help these sores go away....very painful. The sores have spread down my throat so it is really painful to swallow.

I do have the Orajel and went this morning and got another tube of that. I know you are supposed to be thankful and praise the Lord in ALL things. I was reading this morning in my quiet time that we should praise God in ALL things....even the bad times. I sat there for a minute and remember reading this before....oh.....it was a while back but I sure remember it. I thought about it again and saw the silver lining that the Lord has provided for me and my family:

* I have the Lord on my side and He holds me in His arms when I feel bad or scared
* I am at home and not in the hospital
* I do not have a fever and this is day 17 after the last chemo treatment
* We have a family of 6 and we can still eat 3 meals a day (well some of us anyway)
* We live in a house and have a roof over our heads
* I still have my job and the ladies I work with are just wonderful and so patient with me
* I have a family support that is just awesome
* I have friends close by that would do anything for me if I need them to
* I even have friends that I used to work for that keep in touch and give me encouragement
* I am a mother and can do things for my children, even if I can't talk right now....

There are so many other things I could list but I thought that would be a start. Don't worry, I am not getting down, just tired of the pain. I have to keep reminding myself that this is not permanent.....this is just for a little while and the Lord can get me through this....I just have to depend on Him and not try to handle this myself...

I hope all the Mothers out there had a wonderful Mother's Day! I know that even though I felt really bad, I was able to be with the children and that was all that mattered to me.

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home