Days of Our Lives.....

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hump Day!

This has been another productive day. More ironing, cleaning the kitchen, doing some glass cleaning and dusting. I have been going through the pantry to see what we have and what we need to put on our grocery list and I have already made a menu for the rest of this week and trying to get one for next week as well. Whew! That is quite a bit that I have been able to get done and it feels good to get things done around the house.....ALONE!!

I had a notebook (3 ring binder) that I had put my favorite recipes and other household tips in and ways to save money....I will be really looking at some things to see where we can cut things and save. I think one way is to do a menu and make your grocery list to go with the menu...we are all trying to watch our weight and eat healthier so buying junk foods are out of the question. I just need to get the energy up and walk more. Keith and I are trying to walk each evening when it cools off but that is tiring right now. I guess I just need to be more patient and wait to get back to where I was! And no....I am not praying for patience...that is something I learned a long time ago NOT to pray for because God will put things in your path to make you learn to be patient....not the best thing to do. That is another story all in itself.

I actually had fun looking through the pantry and putting things together for dinners...it was a challenge and I like that! Well, I am done taking a break and I need to get back to it...I know one way I have saved quite a bit of money today....and that was gas money, not driving across town at $4 per gallon...staying home and inside where it is cool.

Happy Summer!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

I was thinking about that "tribulation worketh patience" thing the other day, and I came to the conclusion that I wanted patience bad enough to ask for it and trust my Lord to see me through His "refining fire."

June 26, 2008 at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home