Broken-Hearted
We’ve certainly been broken-hearted, but Jesus says one reason He came to us was to heal that broken heart. How blessed we are that Jesus was sent to set us free—not only from sin but from every bondage that we find ourselves in.
Luke 4:18-19 (The Message)
16-21He came to Nazareth where he had been reared. As he always did on the Sabbath, he went to the meeting place. When he stood up to read, he was handed the scroll of the prophet Isaiah. Unrolling the scroll, he found the place where it was written,
God's Spirit is on me;
he's chosen me to preach the Message of good news to
the poor,
Sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and
recovery of sight to the blind,
To set the burdened and battered free,
to announce, "This is God's year to act!"
He rolled up the scroll, handed it back to the assistant, and sat down. Every eye in the place was on him, intent. Then he started in, "You've just heard Scripture make history. It came true just now in this place."
Broken-hearted is a good description of our spirit sometimes. I am so glad that He was sent here for me and to set me free from this bondage that gets me sometimes. I hope that made sense…well…it did to me at least. I think another thing that gets us is out attitude and our thoughts. I am just as guilty for thinking thoughts that are not positive. You know that if we have a thought that is negative…it just multiplies and comes back to us…I have really got to work on the positive thoughts and have them multiply and come back…I think that would be better! The thoughts I have about myself and others are sometimes not good at all. BUT I know that if I ask for help with this…He will step right in and help me out.
I have to say that this past weekend was a bit tricky for me. I wrote in my food log but there were meals that I didn’t finish adding my calories up and total for the day…I did this a couple of days in a row and couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I just felt blah. I had a much better day yesterday and hope to carry it through today. I think I almost fell off the wagon but didn’t quite hit the ground. If it weren’t for staying close to God during this time, I would have fallen off a long time ago. I am now going to go back through the days that are not complete and look up the calories and get the totals. This will make me feel like I have completed something. I love the start of a new day…I can start all over again.
I pray that you are all doing well out there. And I am asking for a little extra help with staying focused.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home