Days of Our Lives.....

Thursday, March 25, 2010

From the Inside Out

Before I get started with this day…I am very happy to say that today is my birthday and I am thrilled to be here! I will be celebrating another special day in May but we can get to that later….Today I am 40!! I feel good and have a feeling that this will be an interesting year to say the least. Ok…now on to the devotion for the day…

If God only changed our outside, our inside attitude would eventually burst through and we would be right back where we started. Only when we yield totally can God change us!

Luke 5:38-39 (The Message)
36-39"No one cuts up a fine silk scarf to patch old work clothes; you want fabrics that match. And you don't put wine in old, cracked bottles; you get strong, clean bottles for your fresh vintage wine. And no one who has ever tasted fine aged wine prefers unaged wine."

Goodness! I am just amazed each day when I read these devotions at how God speaks right to me!! The inside of my heart needs to be cleaned up so the outside of me look nice and fresh. And how easy it is to start your day and tell yourself that you are going to have a good day and think positive but the minute you get to work…satan gets started on his grand scheme of things and gets busy in your head with thoughts that are not very pleasant. I have come to realize that I have to keep going back and asking God to clean my thoughts and my heart!

I hope you all have a good day and keep that positive mood…maybe it will be contagious! I can’t wait to see all my friends later at the meeting!! Love you all…

3 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Happy Birthday, Sharan!!! We love you!

-Pam, David, and the kids

March 25, 2010 at 6:37 AM  
Blogger Pat Spach said...

Happy Birthday to my first born!

Dad and I love you very much - you are such a very special person.

I'm looking forward to our little party tonight at our meeting.

Love
Mom and Dad

March 25, 2010 at 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Uncle Robert and Aunt Gail said...

"Happy Birthday to Sharan"


Love you bunches and bunches

March 25, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home