Days of Our Lives.....

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Going It Alone? God Will Help.

Jesus doesn’t give sparingly; He gives in abundance. We’ve tried everything we know to do to lose weight and be free from compulsive eating. We really worked hard, too, but were out in the night with no luck. Then Jesus told us where to latch on to what we needed to get the results we wanted. Perhaps for some of us it is a food plan we’ve already tried, but it is our willingness to try one more time for Jesus (on His Word) that can bring about abundant results.

Luke 5:5-6 (The Message)
5-7Simon said, "Master, we've been fishing hard all night and haven't caught even a minnow. But if you say so, I'll let out the nets." It was no sooner said than done—a huge haul of fish, straining the nets past capacity. They waved to their partners in the other boat to come help them. They filled both boats, nearly swamping them with the catch.

This one really gets me….How many times have I told myself that I have tried so hard or I have been working on this or that? I should be letting God handle the battle. We do have to do our part too but claiming that we are doing all the hard work is not all true…I am not saying that what we are doing here isn’t hard and just down right terrible but if we truly give it all to God, then He can make it easier! Trying not to talk in circles here but I think you get the picture.

God really does want us to live freely and not in bondage. The only way I can get through each day is with Him guiding my way and asking for lots of help….and I do mean ask a lot!! Did I mention that I ask for a lot of help??!! LOL

Ok, it’s a new day…..let’s start it out the right way and ask for lots and lots of help!! I have a feeling that I will be needing quite a bit more help as I get OLDER!!!!! LOL I hope you all have a wonderful day….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home