Me...Me...Me....I..I....I...
Our big concern in life is to have our kind of food in our kind of quantity. We’re willing to let days go by without prayer or feeding on God’s Word, but we don’t let hours go by without eating something. Instead, let’s spend time working on our relationship with God. He has shown us a better way and set us free from this existence. We know food and possessions are here for enjoyment, but let’s understand that they are low on the priority list.
Luke 12:19-20 (The Message)
16-19Then he told them this story: "The farm of a certain rich man produced a terrific crop. He talked to himself: 'What can I do? My barn isn't big enough for this harvest.' Then he said, 'Here's what I'll do: I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I'll gather in all my grain and goods, and I'll say to myself, Self, you've done well! You've got it made and can now retire. Take it easy and have the time of your life!'
20"Just then God showed up and said, 'Fool! Tonight you die. And your barnful of goods—who gets it?'
Wow…that was strong!! God can show up today just like He did back then and show us that He knows best and we just need to shut-up and listen!! This is a big issue for me sometimes. I tend to take over and think I know it all then God shows up and says “You Fool….”. Okay, He doesn’t talk exactly in that way but He knows how to get our attention!! I know all to well about this. This week has been a little hard for me. I have written all my stuff down and counted calories but my heart wasn’t in it. I pray that the Lord will get my attention and that my heart can be renewed. Renew my heart, Lord and help me be more focused on what you want for me.
A preacher I knew would always say “Lord, help me get out of the way so that your message can be heard and that the people can see you”. That is such a powerful thing to say and to pray for…I believe that he said this prayer before he preached each and every time he stood up to preach. I need to pray this so that my pride and my self don’t get in the way so that people will see Jesus! I have to think that we, as Christians may be the only Jesus that others see….what an awesome responsibility!! Now, let’s get this day started on the right foot and with Jesus in the driver’s seat…guiding our every step and thought!
L

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home