Here We Go Again
This is really crazy....I got home from doing my lab work and my counts were very low. It was really cold outside so I decided to go and get in the bed and put my electric throw on high and try to get warm. No luck on getting warm...I did doze off a few times and at 4pm, Ryan walked in the door and then I decided I better take my temperature. I was really mad when it beeped and read 100.9. I called the nurse and told her...she then called Dr. Thomas and he said get to the hospital and go straight to the 9th floor...I didn't even have to go through admissions...the room they have me in is 9108 and extremely small...Keith managed to get a better chair in here for whoever is here. They were able to access my port easily but the blood cultures they did took a while as they were trying to find a vein...they weren't cooperating at all! My temperature dropped when I got here to 99.7 so that was good. Later last night, it was 101.7. It was back and forth like that all night.
Today was really not good. I got the shakes and chills really bad. My fever ended up spiking to 103.1...they gave me Tylenol and did another blood culture to see if there was anything there. Now my fever has broke and I am sweating (yucky)....but it is down to 98.7 so that is good. I am trying to dry out my pajamas...not having much luck there...I reckon I will have to change clothes again.
Mom was here pretty much all day...I got a bag of platelets along with Benadryl (50 mg) and Tylenol and that made me really sleepy...I wasn't much company until right before dinner. Dad came and picked up mom and took her home...they were eating dinner with Grandma. Keith had to stop at Aldi's on his way home so he will come over here in a bit.
I will close for now. This is the first time today that I have felt human. I just hope it continues so I can get out of here....I have stuff to do at home...
Sharan

3 Comments:
Hang in there. We are praying for you. Keep us updated!
I hope that you are better soon so you can go home. I look forward to all of us getting together again when you are up to it. I enjoy our times together. I enjoyed working on your family pic.
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling bad and back in the hospital, Sharan. I hope it is over fast! Thinking of you and praying for you daily! Lacy
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home