My Counts
Well, the good news is that the blood and platelets are holding their own and that is very good, bad news is white count is slowly climbing but I have no neutraphils and that is why my mouth is all messed up.
Here are the results:
White count is .5
Platelets are 38
Hemoglobin is 9.4
The doctor said there is really nothing we can do about the mouth sores until the white count comes up and then it will take care of itself. Meanwhile, I am on pain meds and orajel....I am on my second tube of it and I bought my 1st tube on Sunday...bought tube #2 yesterday. You can bet I will keep that stuff around until I can get rid of these mouth sores.....numb is good.
Talking is hard and painful.....I have to talk real slow for people to understand me but that is fine. I have learned that grits (really runny) is a good meal and filling along with milk...that coats your mouth and throat. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. And I will do whatever it takes to make myself feel better.
I will get more labs done on Thursday morning. They still have me on the Tuesday and Thursday morning labs until I am out of the woods. Today is the 18th day after chemo and still no fever!!!! This is so good. I would rather be home and feel miserable than in the hospital and feel miserable.
Mom, Dad and Grandma: I hope you are having fun and take lots of pictures. Bob and Jane: you do the same and be safe. I want you all to come home in one piece!!
Later.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home